Game On! The BIGGEST MUSICAL COMPETITION IN SECOND LIFE, the Celebrate – Remember – Fight Back Top DJ Fundraising Competition returns for 2020 In support the Relay For Life of Second Life and the American Cancer Society, the competition brings together some of Second Life’s best club and radio presenters. Since 2012 the CRFB Top DJ Competition has raised more than $35,000 (L$8,500,000).
The competition is open to the first 20 DJs to apply. Participants can choose to perform at the Rocker’s home region Arinultra Cay, or may compete at their own venue.
The Top DJ Competition will run for 4 weeks, from March 28th through April 25th, with a maximum of 5 competitors each week. The Relay Rockers will work with each entrant to assure their selected time options can be met.
HOW THE CRFB COMPETITION WORKS
- Competition is open to all DJs in Second Life. 20 Slots available on first come basis.
- Competitors must join the 2020 CRFB DJ Competition group (invitation to be provided)
- DJs, with permission of their venue, select 1 hour during competition dates and between the hours of 4 & 9 pm SLT (Other times will be considered IF a Rockers Team member is available).
- Organizers will provide an official Relay For Life of Second Life kiosk for ALL DONATION Votes set to the Relay Rockers
- At completion of the set a picture of the official kiosk will be taken to verify the final total of the Kiosk, which will then be removed.
- This is a Charity event. No Personal Tip Jars may be used.
- Venue MUST agree to allow the rezzing of Relay For Life and American Cancer Society mission and Relay For Life materials. (Provided by the Relay Rockers during the event)
- No profane language or lyrics. No Nudity during the Event.
- DJs and venues are requested to provide a picture and logo for use on event website and in promotional notices and signage.
Competition applications will be available by web form and must be completed before March 21st.
The Relay Rockers will provide all venues with an official Relay For Life of Second Life kiosk and a representative of the team must be present during the 1 hour competition. Rocker’s member will work with venue host and make announcements of Relay and Society information during the event.
The Top 4 DJs in will move to the semifinal round to be held at Arinultra Cay on the weekend of May 2nd and 3rd and compete in 1 hour sets. There will be no carry over of totals from previous rounds. Previous round totals will be used only to determine seeding and as a tie-breaker. The two competitors with the highest Semi Final Total will compete May 17th in 90 minute sets each for the 2020 CRFB Top DJ trophy at RelayStock 2020.
Venues will be provided an Event Posting and Notice format by the Relay Rockers and must agree to use both to promote the competition. The Relay Rockers will post each event on RFL of SL event calendars and social media outlets and on the team’s website, RelayRockers.org.
Results will be posted on RelayRockers.org. DJs who need a stream can contact T1Radio for access to the station’s backup unlimited listener stream.